At the FBF, we use information collected online to develop and enhance the services we offer, including regular electronic communications, and to help us build our business. We take privacy issues seriously and are open about the way data is collected and used. This policy outlines the principles that we follow.
- When you visit a website of the FBF, the only data that we capture is that submitted via email, by submission of a feedback form or by completion of an order form. Such data is maintained only to fulfil our purposes as described above.
- When you register for a service provided by the FBF, you may need to choose a user name and password for authentication purposes. For administration purposes, we may also require your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This may be used to send you information about your account and any FBF promotions. You may elect not to receive such promotions.
- The FBF does not sell, trade, lease or rent your personal information to others. The primary use that we make of personal information is to produce aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic and related information but these statistics do not include any personally identifying information.
- From time-to-time the FBF may employ other companies and individuals to work on our behalf. Examples of such work might include sending e-mail, analysing data and providing customer call-centre services. Such agents have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions.
- The FBF may contact you as part of our quality development work. Such calls will be made only to identify your experience of our services and to elicit your suggestions for improvement. You will be under no obligation to answer any such questions.
- We may likewise ask our market research partners to contact you by telephone as part of a survey of our services. You will be able to choose at the time whether you want to take part in any such survey.
- The FBF undertakes to take reasonable steps to protect personal data against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Please remember that you are responsible for protecting your password/username and must not share it or allow its disclosure to anyone.
Email disclaimer and intellectual property rights
- The views expressed in emails emanating from the FBF, and on FBF websites are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author and not those of the FBF nor its board of directors or management.
- The information in these emails is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to these emails by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this is prohibited and may be unlawful.
- While all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.
- All content carried on FBF websites or other publications, of whatever sort, remain the intellectual property of the FBF and these intellectual property rights are protected worldwide by the terms of the Berne Convention to which the Republic of South Africa is a signatory.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use:
1.1. The information contained in www.fieldband.org.za (“the website”) may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All information made available from within this website is provided “as is” for information purposes only and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any warranties as to non-infringement, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
1.2. The Field Band Foundation (“the FBF”) of Johannesburg, South Africa, may make changes to the content of the website at any time without notice.
1.3. The FBF makes no representations as to the security, quality or propriety of any website that may be accessed through this website. Connected websites accessed through this website are independent websites over which the FBF does not exercise any control, whether financial, editorial or of any other kind and are not in any way endorsed by the FBF.
1.4. The FBF will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damage resulting from the transmission from this website to your computer systems of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive items, however caused, such damage to include, without limitation, loss of profits, interruption to business, loss of the whole or any part of a programme or any data howsoever stored whether saved on a computer system or otherwise.
2. Downloading and printing material from the website
All design, text and graphics displayed on this website and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of the FBF. You are granted permission to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this website for the purpose of your own personal development. Any use of materials on this website (including but not limited to reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution or republication) for professional use must be undertaken with express acknowledgement of the Field Band Foundation.
3. Intellectual property
All trademarks, product names, brand names, company names, titles, copyrights or logos cited herein are the trademarks, trade names or copyrights of their respective owners. No permission is given by the FBF in respect of the use of any such trademarks, product names, brand names, company names, titles, copyrights or logos. All content carried on FBF websites or other publications, of whatever sort, remain the intellectual property of the FBF and these intellectual property rights are protected worldwide by the terms of the Berne Convention to which the Republic of South Africa is a signatory.
4. Privacy of data supplied by you
4.1. The FBF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
4.2. Because the Internet infrastructure is global, and it is not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet will take, the information you provide may be transferred temporarily via a route that takes it outside the boundaries of the Republic of South Africa as it passes between you and the FBF. By submitting your information, you consent to this transfer.
5. Losses resulting from unauthorised access to your data
While every effort is made by the FBF to keep secure information submitted by you, you accept the risk that data transmitted electronically via this website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching its intended destination or accessed by unauthorised third parties and may be exploited unlawfully by such third parties. The FBF does not assume responsibility for guarding against the acts of such third parties and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damage resulting from third parties’ interception of or access to data of whatever nature including without limitation personal data transmitted by you electronically or otherwise.